Since 2013, we have helped organizations secure several million in funding for our clients. We have experience in developing and crafting high-quality highly-competitive proposals to foundations, corporate grantmakers, and government funders at every level.
On average, we provide a return of ~$58 for every $1 spent on SBIR/STTR Phase I proposal preparation costs. For other federal funding, outside of SBIR/STTR – where the proposal budgets are multi-year, we provide a return well over a ~$100 for every $1 spent.
Detailed below is SOME of our success with funding surrounding innovation that has strong commercialization potential. This is not all of our successes. We update this as we find out from our clients – award notification for most clients comes 6 to 8 months after submitting proposals. We are always mindful of our client’s privacy and have signed NDA’s with many of them therefore, we do not publish their information on our website. We are always happy to chat about specific successes during a consult call.
Additionally, outside of SBIR/STTR and economic development-focused proposals, we do have extensive experience with some of the following federal agencies and focus areas. If you do not see an agency listed, we do encourage you to ask us about it.
- The U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID) with a strong focus on American Schools and Hospitals Abroad (ASHA) and Development Innovation Ventures (DIV). As well as economic and humanitarian assistance.
- U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) with a focus on innovation and technology as well as product safety and conservation efforts.
- U.S. Department of Commerce (DOC) with a focus on economic development and technological advancement through vigilance in international trade policy, domestic business policy & growth, and promoting economic progress at all levels.
- U.S. Department of Defense (DOD) with a focus on peacekeeping and war-fighting efforts, Homeland Security, evacuation, and humanitarian causes.
- U.S. Department of Education with a focus on STEM aimed at elementary secondary and postsecondary education student and staff support services such as teacher professional development, after-school programming (ASP), out-of-school time (OST), 21st CCLC, School Improvement, MSP, API, counseling. As well as a focus on TRIO, Title III, Title V, TAACCCT, Title III, PBIS/MTSS, NSF-MSP/NRT/RET/REU, FIPSE, and Migrant Education.
- U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) with a focus on scientific and technological innovation in support of that goal; and to ensure the environmental cleanup of the national nuclear weapons complex.
- U.S. Department of Health and Human Services with a focus on Emergency Preparedness & Response, Education & Training, and Public Health & Safety.
- National Institute of Health (NIH) with a focus on R01, R41, R42, R43, R44, U43, U44, SB1, UB1
- National Science Foundation (NSF) with a focus on science to advance the national health, prosperity, and welfare and secure the national defense.
|Company Name||Year||Funding Agency||Funding Line||Title||Award Amount|
|Dollaride, Inc||2022||NYSERDA||Clean Neighborhoods Challenge Phase II||Clean Transit Access Program (CTAP): Electrifying NYC dollar vans. Phase II with $6M from NYSERDA and $26.5M in matching private capital - A total of $32.5M.||$32,500,000|
|The Economic Development and Industrial Corporation of Boston **||2022||EDA/DOC||Good Jobs Challenge||Greater Boston Region (GBR) Regional Workforce Training System (RWTS)||$23,000,000|
|Dollaride, Inc||2021||NYSERDA||Clean Neighborhoods Challenge Phase I||Clean Transit Access Program (CTAP): Electrifying NYC dollar vans. Phase I - $150K Awarded||$150,000|
|Enygma Ventures||2021||USAID||Investing in Women-Owned Businesses and Entrepreneurs in Southern Africa ($6M from USAID and $6M in matching private capital - Total of 12M).||$12,000,000|
|Syyclops, Inc||2021||DOE||SBIR Phase I||Utilizing live sensor data to improve indoor air quality via the building management.||$199,992|
|VIATECHNIK LLC||2021||NSF||SBIR Phase I||Leveraging Building Information Modeling (BIM) for More Accurate Indoor Positioning||$255,997|
|Diversified 3D Technologies, Inc.||2020||DOD AFWERX||SBIR Phase I||3D Printing and Injury recovery||$50,000|
|Niagara County Community College||2020||NSF||Welding Technology and Beyond||$300,000|
|CognifiSense Inc.||2019||NIH||SBIR Phase I||Using Virtual Reality Psychological Therapy to Develop a Non-Opioid Chronic Pain Therapy||$225,000|
|Equilo||2019||NSF||SBIR Phase I||Using big data, AI, and machine learning in gender equality and social inclusion analysis||$224,814|
|Gel4Med Inc.||2019||NIH||SBIR Phase I||Antimicrobial dermal matrices to promote infection-free wound closure in cutaneous wounds||$348,852|
|IndeeTx||2019||NIH||Integrating microfluidic vortex shedding-mediated gene delivery into the development and manufacture pipelines of adoptive cellular immunotherapies||$300,000|
|Kinetic AI Intelligence||2019||HHS||SBIR Phase I||A Personalized Wheelchair Fitting System to Improve Function and Quality of Life||$99,028|
|Riveria Partners||2019||NSF||Convergence Accelerator (C-Accel)||$1,000,000|
|SageSurfer||2019||NSF||SBIR Phase I||$225,000|
|Sown To Grow||2019||NSF||SBIR Phase I||A K12 Goal-Setting And Reflection Platform That Builds Student Learning Skills And Mindset||$224,539|
|Airwolf3d||2018||DOD||SBIR Phase I||$50,000|
|Anlar||2018||DoED||Reporting outcomes from national datasets||$696,363|
|ASYLON||2018||DOD||SBIR Phase I||$50,000|
|Goodcity||2018||EDA||INVEST Chicago Opportunity Fund ($300,000.00 Federal; $300,000.00 Local Match) - EDA's Regional Innovation Strategies Program||$600,000|
|Knexus Research Corp.||2018||DoD||SBIR Phase I||Continuous Interactive Learners for Mission Planning (CILEMP)||$129,996|
|Knexus Research Corp.||2018||DoD||SBIR Phase II||Decision Aid for Prediction and Recognition of Intent, Decision, and Emotion (PRIDE)||$1,485,951|
|Net Esolutions Corporation||2018||NIH||SBIR Phase II||Analytical Tools and Approaches for (Multidimensional) Scholarly Research Assessment and Decision Support in the Biomedical Enterprise||$1,500,000|
|Pison Technology Inc||2018||NSF||SBIR Phase I||A Patient-Centered Wearable System to Enable Data-Driven Decisions in Neuromuscular Disorders||$224,996|
|Serebrum Corp.||2018||DoD||SBIR Phase I||RAISE- Rapid Acquisition of Innovative Software Solutions with External Experts||$149,897|
|Traxyl||2018||NSF||SBIR Phase I||An Economic Optical Fiber Solution to the Last Mile Problem||$224,992|
|Dascena||2017||NIH||SBIR Phase I||Autonomous system supporting patient specific transfer and discharge decisions||$347,772|
|Dynamicare Health, Inc.||2017||NIH||SBIR Phase I||Integrating Contingency Management into Routine Care for Alcohol Use Disorder||$145,525|
|Gel4Med Inc.||2017||NIH||SBIR Phase I||Therapeutic cells encapsulation and delivery for improved healing of chronic diabetic wounds||$298,530|
|Net Esolutions Corporation||2017||NIH||SBIR Phase I||Enhanced Research Network Informatics Exploration ERNIE||$225,000|
|Pison Technology Inc||2017||HHS||SBIR Phase I||Assistive Technology Enabling Communication||$100,000|
|Acetaminophen Toxicity Diagnostics, LLC||2016||NIH||STTR Phase II||Liver Treatment, Diagnosis, Point-of-Care||$2,649,372|
|Gel4Med Inc.||2016||NIH||SBIR Phase I||Flowable antimicrobial skin scaffolding matrix that promotes regeneration||$223,369|
|Knexus Research Corp.||2016||DoD||SBIR Phase II||Adaptive MCM Operations Planning and Replanning(AMORE)||$4,160,234|
|LS Caldwell & Associates||2016||DOC||MBDA||Economic Development, Youth, Entrepreneurship, Workforce Development, Women/Minority Owned Business||$2,600,000|
|LS Caldwell & Associates||2015||DOC||MBDA||Economic Development, Youth, Entrepreneurship, Workforce Development, Women/Minority Owned Business||$1,500,000|
|WAYNE-FINGER LAKES BOARD/COOP EDUC SVCS||2014||SAMHSA||Project AWARE||WFL BOCES: Project Aware - Now is the Time||$100,000|
** Indicates that we provided insight, advice, and recommendations on all elements of the proposal narrative, budget, and other supporting documentation on how to strengthen and possibly re-write sections of the application to align with the solication/RFP, ultimately leading to a win.