Who we are
E.B. Howard Consulting is a New York State certified Women-Owned Business Enterprise (WBE) and a Small Business Administration Certified Women-Owned Small Business (WOSB) that provides full-service development focused on non-dilutive funding development and evaluation services.
E.B. Howard Consulting while strongly aligning with the professional guidelines of the Grant Professionals Association (GPA) and the American Evaluation Association (AEA) practices a Utilization-Focused approach to all facets of development. This approach emphasizes the involvement of stakeholders in the project development and evaluation process to enhance the usefulness of each proposal. E.B. Howard Consulting (“EBHC”) is committed to protecting your privacy online and when it handles your data in a grant proposal or as part of an evaluation.
Data collected as part of a grant proposal or as part of an evaluation.
- Human Subjects: Staff has completed the National Institutes of Health (NIH) of Extramural Research certificate in the protection of human subjects which is in the alignment of the requirements of the federal Office for Human Research Protections.
- HIPAA and FERPA Compliance: The Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) and the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) form the basis for the protection of student (until age 18) and adult data privacy. The NY State Education Department used FERPA as the basis for their Student Data Privacy Bill of Rights, also known as the Parents’ Bill of Rights. The staff that works for E.B. Howard Consulting have gone through training and certification through the National Institutes of Health training on information security, privacy, and security awareness.
Data collected through this website at ebhoward.com (the “Site”)
- What personal data we collect and why we collect it
- Your name, address, email address and phone number. This information is shared with our e-commerce software providers to ensure the delivery of your order. We use your email to communicate with you about your order and to manage our customer relationship with you. When you place an order you may be added to our mailing list from which you can unsubscribe at any time using the unsubscribe link in each email or by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Your payment information. We collect payment information for each order but we do not store payment information on EBHC servers. Your payment information is securely communicated to and processed via our e-commerce software providers.
- All personal information collected for an order is used for the fulfillment of that order and to manage our customer relationship with you.
- Activity. We may record information relating to your use of the Site, such as the searches you undertake, the pages you view, your browser type, IP address, requested URL, referring URL, and timestamp information. We use this type of information to administer the Site and provide the highest possible level of service to you. We also use this information in the aggregate to perform statistical analyses of user behavior and characteristics in order to measure interest in and use of the various areas of the Site.
- Cookies. We may send cookies to your computer in order to uniquely identify your browser and improve the quality of our service. The term “cookies” refers to small pieces of information that a website sends to your computer’s hard drive while you are viewing the Site. We may use both session cookies (which expire once you close your browser) and persistent cookies (which stay on your computer until you delete them). You have the ability to accept or decline cookies using your web browser settings. If you choose to disable cookies, some areas of the Site may not work properly or at all.
- How Your Information is Used: The information you provide is used to process transactions, personalize your experience, improve customer service, send periodic emails, and improve the service we provide. Your information, whether public or private, will not be sold, exchanged, transferred, or given to any other company for any reason whatsoever, without your consent, other than for the express purpose of delivering the purchased product or service requested. In those cases, we will share your information with trusted third parties, such as our online course software, in order to provide the service. These trusted third parties agree to keep this information confidential. Your personal information will never be shared with unrelated third parties. We do not store your credit card information. As a function of historical record keeping, we keep contact form emails and records of purchase transactions indefinitely. If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, we include detailed unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of each email.
- Security Measures. We maintain security measures to protect your personal information from unauthorized access, misuse or disclosure. We offer the use of a secure server. All supplied sensitive/credit information is transmitted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology and then encrypted into our Payment gateway providers database only to be accessible by those authorized with special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential. However, no exchange of data over the Internet can be guaranteed as 100% secure. While we make every effort to protect your personal information shared with us through our Site, you acknowledge that the personal information you voluntarily share with us through this Site could be accessed or tampered with by a third party. You agree that we are not responsible for any intercepted information shared through our Site without our knowledge or permission. Additionally, you release us from any and all claims arising out of or related to the use of such intercepted information in any unauthorized manner.
- Sharing. Please be aware that when you use our Site to post comments and share other information, any information that you provide may not be secure and can be collected and used by others. As a result, you should exercise caution before you make such disclosures.
- How to Update Your Information: If you opt-in to our mailing list, the option to unsubscribe will be included in every email. You may also access and correct your personal information and privacy preferences by contacting us with your request at email@example.com.
- Notification of Changes to this Policy: You acknowledge and agree that it is your responsibility to review this Site and this Policy periodically and to be aware of any modifications. Updates to this Policy will be posted on this page.
E.B. Howard Consulting
P.O. Box 1696
Amherst, NY 14226
Updated: May 2018