Want to get funded? Start with those government registrations

  • July 1st, 2022

Government #funding can be tricky. Small Business Innovation Research (#SBIR) grants, for example, are a great opportunity for small businesses to gain substantial #funding to help their business grow.

However, there are a lot of steps a business needs to take to apply for #SBIR and other forms of government #funding, and missing one could set your business back substantially, or eliminate your opportunity to apply altogether. This is why it is critical that you do not wait until the deadline to look for and fulfill government registrations and requirements.

We strongly recommend that you begin the process of completing your government registrations 90+ calendar days in advance of the deadline.

Using #SBIR as an example, the majority of #SBIR grants will require your business to provide both a DUNS, and an Employee Identification Number (EIN).

All government #grants will require some sort of government registrations on a government portal, such as Sam.gov, SBIR.gov, or grants.gov. Certain government agencies, such as the Environmental Protection Agency, or the National Institute of Health, may have their own registration portals.

The Department of Defense, for example, requires applicants to register on its own #DOD #SBIR portal, in addition to grants.gov and Sam.gov. 

In sum, there are plenty of registration requirements, and meeting all of them is critical to securing funding through SBIR or other government programs. 


We help high-growth startups find and apply for non-dilutive funding. Schedule a consult call with us HERE.

error: Alert: This is protected content and belongs to E.B. Howard Consulting.