Every year billions of dollars are awarded in the form of free money and other types of #funding, especially in the form of business #grants. Most people know this money exists, but just don’t know where to apply, how much they qualify for, or even where to get an application.
Contrary to popular belief, free money is available to entrepreneurs. While rare and very competitive, real business grants do exist.
Here are the top 10 small business and minority owned business #grant programs available:
- The FedEx Small Business #Grant Contest is a nationwide competition that will award $50,000 in total to six deserving U.S-based entrepreneurs and business owners. Go towww.businessgrants.org/opportunities/fedex_small_business_grant_contest.html
- The National Association for the Self-Employed (NASE) Growth #Grants Program allows business owners to apply for financing a particular small business need. Past recipients used funds to purchase computers, hire part-time help, and create marketing materials. Visitwww.businessgrants.org/opportunities/national_association_self_employed_nase_business_grants.html
- The Dare to Dream #Grant Program encourages students to move through the business creation process by offering business development seminars and up to $10,000 in funding. Learn more at www.businessgrants.org/opportunities/dare_to_dream_grant_program.html
- The Miller Lite Tap the Future Business Plan Competition (formerly known as the MillerCoors Urban Entrepreneur Series) is an annual competition for minority business owners sponsored by Miller Lite. Designed to economically empower minority businesses, the program continues to invest in entrepreneurial dreams to empower urban communities. Learn more at MLTaptheFuture.com
- The Small Business Administration (SBA) administers several competitive business grant programs, ensuring that the nation’s small, high-tech, innovative businesses are a significant part of the federal government’s research and development efforts. Check outwww.businessgrants.org/opportunities/sbir_small_business_research_innovation_grants.html
- The Minority Business Development Agency (MBDA) organizes various angel investors with the primary objective of supporting minority businesses with mezzanine and second round financing. Learn more atwww.businessgrants.org/opportunities/minority_business_development_agency_mbda_business_grants.html
- The Rural Business Enterprise Grants (RBEG) Program provides #grants to finance the development of small and emerging businesses in rural areas. The funds can be used for land acquisition, construction, renovation, technical assistance, project planning, and more. Visitwww.businessgrants.org/opportunities/rural_business_enterprise_grants_rbeg_program.html
- The Huggies MomInspired Grant Program awards grants and business resources to moms to further the development of original product ideas and startup businesses. Learn more atwww.businessgrants.org/opportunities/huggies_mom_inspired_grant_program.html
- The DOT Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (DBE) program is intended to ensure nondiscrimination in the award and administration of DOT-assisted contracts in the Department’s highway, transit, airport, and highway safety financial assistance programs. Learn more atwww.businessgrants.org/opportunities/dot_disadvantaged_business_enterprise_program.html
- The Small Business Innovation Research (SBIR) program provides #grant funding to small businesses to engage in biomedical or behavioral research/development that leads to a potential for commercialization. Go towww.businessgrants.org/opportunities/sbir_small_business_research_innovation_grants.html
We are your single source for all your non-dilutive grant funding activities. From identification of relevant funding opportunities through the development of a long-term multi-submission approach to successful execution, and subsequent measuring of your outcomes from your award! We can help you locate funding, apply for funding, and help organizations measure & report on outcomes. Schedule a consult call with us HERE.