Curating and collecting upcoming opportunities & opportunities. Here is the latest in funding upcoming opportunities.
- Regional & NYS Business Plan Competitions: Several regions across Upstate NY are hosting local business plan competitions: Mohawk Valley, Finger Lakes, Western NY, Capital Region, Hudson Valley, Southern Tier, and Central NY. Undergraduate and graduate students from these regions can apply to pitch ideas in various categories including Clean Tech. The winners will advance to the New York Business Competition Finals held at SUNY Poly on April 27. The grand prize is $20,000.
- Spending Bill Passes; Funds for Clean Energy: Congress cleared a spending bill for the 2018 fiscal year that allocates $1.3 trillion for clean energy funds and R&D programs. The Department of Energy, EERE, ARPA-E and the Office of Science will all receive budget increases.
- 76West Clean Energy Competition: 76West focuses on growing entrepreneurs and attracting resources from around the world to build clean energy businesses and jobs in NY’s Southern Tier region. The competition offers $20 million in prize money and support services. The top prize is $1 million. NEXUS-NY winners include Micatu Inc, Biological Energy, and ChromoNanoTech. The deadline to apply is April 16.
- New York Venture Summit: Where do #startups connect w/ awesome #VCs and angel #investors? At the New York Venture Summit, where innovation meets capital. Join us on July 10-11. Receive 10% off early bird rates using the special code “UVCVIP” -> http://ow.ly/8m0o30j9ZJK #NYVS18
- Blockchain developer Protocol Labs has launched a multi-million dollar research grant program. The startup, which is behind projects such as Filecoin, IPFS, and Coinlist, on Tuesday, announced a Request for Proposals (RFP) program that will see an initial $5 million put towards research efforts. Successful bids will receive grants between $5,000 and $200,000, the company said in a statement. -> https://protocol.ai/blog/ann-research-rfp/
- Congressionally Directed Medical Research Programs (CDMRP) funding opportunities are anticipated for the following programs: Epilepsy Research Program (ERP), Peer-Reviewed Alzheimer’s Research Program (PRARP), Hearing Restoration Research Program (HRRP), and Tuberous Sclerosis Complex Research Program (TSCRP) Descriptions of each of the anticipated funding opportunities, eligibility, key mechanism elements, and funding can be found in the respective Program pre-announcement. FY18 pre-announcements can be found in the CDMRP homepage features at http://cdmrp.army.mil/funding/reftable
- USDA’s Rural Internet Supported: The Community Connect Grant Program supports efforts to provide broadband Internet in rural, economically-challenged communities where broadband service does not currently exist. The application deadline is May 14, 2018… Read More
- Lowe’s Support for High-Need Community Projects: The Lowe’s Gives Foundation is dedicated to enhancing the quality of life in the communities where Lowe’s operates stores and distribution centers throughout the United States. The Foundation’s Community Partners grant program supports nonprofit organizations and local municipalities undertaking high-need projects such as building… Read More
- 43North‘s 2018 public application period is now open! Is your startup ready to take on the world? Apply now for a cut of $5 million! There will be 1 – Grand Prize of $1 million; 6 – Prizes of $500,000; and $1 million in follow-on funding to be distributed among multiple winners. The final application deadline is May 31, 2018 at 11:59 pm EDT. https://apply.43north.org/login
- 500 Startups Unity & Inclusion Summit NYC. New York, NY, 19 May 2018 Join 500 Startups & Microsoft on May 19 for the Unity + Inclusion Summit! 500 Startups is a venture capital firm on a mission to discover and back the world’s most talented entrepreneurs, help them create successful companies at scale, and build thriving global ecosystems. Apply HERE
- Meet the Drapers Season 2: Pitch to three generations of famed venture capitalists on a television broadcast in 150+ countries, and run a crowdfunding campaign on Republic. Application deadline: May 10th APPLY NOW >
We help high-growth startups find and apply for non-dilutive funding. Schedule a consult call with us HERE.