Our Founder and President, Christine E.B. Howard, was recently selected to participate as an NSF I-Corps Mentor at the University at Buffalo Program Site with Cohort 7. As an NSF I-Corps Mentor, she will be working with startups in the program who are working to
- Determine Product-Market Fit
- Identify Market Segments
- Gain deep knowledge of potential customers
- Explore Business Models
The I-Corps program is an initiative developed by the National Science Foundation (NSF) that teaches researchers and innovators how to evaluate a technology or idea for the marketplace. An important goal of the I-Corps program is to encourage technical entrepreneurship and teach teams how to think about commercialization.
The I-Corps Site Program at University at Buffalo provides resources to teams in the form of:
- Modest Funding ($1000-3500)
- Training on Market Assessment
- Entrepreneurial Business Mentoring
- Other assets needed to transition ideas, devices, processes or other intellectual activities into the marketplace
In this program, teams will get out of the laboratory/university and engage in conversations with a variety of people connected to the deployment and use of the technology, product or service.
See more about NSF’s National I-Corps Program
We help high-growth startups find and apply for non-dilutive funding. Schedule a consult call with us HERE.