The Department of Defense Small Business Innovation Research and Small Business Technology Transfer or DOD SBIR Program seeks innovative solutions from the small business community that addresses defense technology gaps confronting the DOD and to includes technologies that will also have high commercialization potential in the private sector.
DOD issues announcement topics supporting the Warfighter in three cycles throughout the year. Here are the key dates, eligibility requirements, and required registration for this opportunity.
DOD SBIR Key Dates
The next round, Department of Defense: 21.A and 21.1 BAA SBIR is scheduled to open on January 14th, 2021, with all submissions due by February 18th, 2021. Funding is up to $111,500.00 forPhase I and $1,100,000 to $1,670,000 for Phase II.
Required Federal Registrations
- DUNS: A DUNS Data Universal Numbering System or DUNS number is required for this and other #SBIR opportunities.
- SAM.gov: You will need your DUNS number to register with the System for Award Management (SAM) and receive a CAGE code (a five-character ID number that identifies contractors), both of which are required registrations for the DoD #SBIR.
- NAICS: The North American Industry Classification System (NAICS) identifies business establishments by category. You must obtain a NAICS number.
- SBA SBC ID: SBA SBC ID code is a unique code that identifies a small business within the Federal SBIR/STTR program. SBC ID will now be required in order to submit a proposal.
proposals are evaluated on three criteria:
- The technical and scientific merit of the proposed approach
- Key personnel qualifications in the area of research
- The potential for a transition into a commercial product or service
Learn more about this DOD SBIR release here.https://www.ebhoward.com/nih-cdc-and-fda-sbir-readiness/
We are your single source for all your non-dilutive grant funding activities. From identification of relevant funding opportunities through the development of a long-term multi-submission approach to successful execution, and subsequent measuring of your outcomes from your award! We can help you locate funding, apply for funding, and help organizations measure & report on outcomes. Schedule a consult call with us HERE.